Louisiana’s Health Insurance Marketplace
• If you do not have health insurance through your employer or Medicaid/Medicare, you can purchase affordable health care coverage through the Marketplace (health insurance exchange).
• If you’re lower income, you may qualify for lower or no cost coverage.
• All Marketplace plans must cover many preventative services without charging you a copayment. This is true even if you haven't met your yearly deductible. For a list of all the preventative services for women, click here.
• The marketplace allows you compare coverage options side-by-side.
• Apply online, by mail, or in-person with a navigator. Telephone help and online chat are available 24/7 to help you complete your application.
• Downloadable and paper applications are available.
For More Information:
• Go to www.HealthCare.gov.
• Call 1-800-318-2596.
• Contact an organization below to get help with the application
(or visit the local help webpage to find additional organizations that can help)
What You Will Need to Apply:
• Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
• Birth dates
• Pay stubs, W-2 forms, or “Wage and Tax Statements”
• Policy numbers for any current health insurance
• Information about any health insurance you or your family could get from your jobs